Learn more. Live more. Day Prep School.
Transformative K – 12 Private Education
La Jolla, La Costa, & Escondido
Announcing Day Prep Escondido
855 Brotherton Road
east of Del Dios off the 15 freeway
WASC-accredited private education
NOW ENROLLING grades JK – 12 for the 2023/24 school year at three locations.
– 6-acre campus in a country-like setting off the 15 at 855 Brotherton Road
– WASC-accredited 21st-century education
– Our Integrity Curriculum builds confidence, communication skills, and relational intelligence
– Athletic fields, playgrounds, performing arts theater, library, kitchen, and more
– Exclusive accredited high school symposium option for grades 9 – 12
Daily Schedule and Calendar (all locations):
– School Day: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
– Run Club 8:00 – 8:45 a.m.
– Extended services and Level Up: 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
– Academic and Event Calendar: 2023 – 2024
Day Prep Escondido Tuition:
– Day Prep Summary of Services and Tuition
– Tuition assistance is available in alignment with our core value of making private schooling accessible to more.
Family Day Open House Event: Sunday, February 26 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Transformative, experiential learning. In person, K -12. College preparatory WASC accredited program. Fostering critical thinking and creative problem-solving. And FUN! Because growth occurs when children come confidently and eagerly to learning. Talk with us about your child!
Focus in on a single subject. Or extend our school day with Level Up added instruction. We build confidence, helping students remove blocks and gain mastery. And we often cut homework time in half, improving skills and removing distractions. Enrich. Enjoy. Excel!
Bring a Day Prep teacher into your home or commercial space. Several families interested? Create a pod for our expert to teach a multi-age group. Three, four, and five hour day available.
Why Day Prep?
We draw on an overall philosophy and a desire to see students . . .
• Become joyful lifelong learners
• Develop agile minds and 21st century skills
• Practice emotional regulation and executive functions
• Self-evaluate and become experts at taking initiative and solving problems
• Adopt keystone habits of sleep, nutrition, and exercise
Whether in-home or at our private school, each academic plan we forge includes a social/emotional component. For us, learning to regulate emotions, communicate, increase distress tolerance, overcome obstacles, and work and play with others is central to a child’s well-being and academic growth.
Education is a profession based on science. So you can leave it to us. We want families to enjoy their time together, not to have to manage schooling or unnecessary homework.
Mostly we believe in setting children and families up for success, removing barriers with adaptable teaching, project-based learning, and engaging instruction led by exceptional people.
” . . .what we found is a program, an educational leader, and a community that would not only preserve the magic of education in uncertain times, but a curriculum and education style that is revolutionary.”
~Parents with two enrolled children, La Jolla, CA
“After a review of [our daughter’s] natural skills and knowledge, a tailored program was created and so professionally delivered . . . I watched my child blossom into a confident, less anxious child. Now she is at the top of her class—a status which, for my husband and me, is not important. However, her social/emotional acumen is also soaring.”
~Megan, San Diego, CA
“Cara Day is a practical genius at teaching not only parents, but students and her fellow practitioners. She has revolutionary, yet proven methods that transform lives. Her parenting philosophy and methods are in-depth, yet practical, tangible, and immediately usable. A breath of fresh air.”
~Member of the San Diego Unified School Board